These are events that have been canceled or postponed in South Florida due to the coronavirus and the illness it causes, COVID-19. So far three cases have been confirmed in Florida, two residents and another person who lives out of the state but is currently in Florida.
- Calle Ocho Festival, which was scheduled for March 15 on Eighth Street in Little Havana.
- Miami International Map Fair, which was to take place March 13-15 at HistoryMiami.
- Ultra Music Festival, which was set for March 20-22 at Bayfront Park, will return in 2021.
- Cloud Summit technology summit, scheduled for May 12-14 in Miami Beach, has been temporarily suspended and will be rescheduled for “ early 2021.”
- City of Hialeah has canceled all events scheduled for the month of March.
Florida National University is canceling all POWERHOUSE Meetings and Summits until further notice, including the 10 a.m. event on March 14 and the 2 p.m. meeting on March 19.
The University of Miami and Unified Works canceled the two-day real estate conference the Lean Construction Symposium scheduled for March 12-13.
Key Biscayne Chamber of Commerce canceled their Families in Paradise event which was scheduled for March 15.
Hallandale Beach announced Monday morning that it’s postponing a town hall-style meeting about the city budget scheduled for Tuesday due to concerns about the spread of coronavirus, one day after state health officials announced a third case of COVID-19 in Broward County. The city posted on Twitter and Instagram that it was taking “precautionary measures” and that the meeting would be rescheduled.
▪ RetroPop Con, the ‘80s pop culture convention set for April 25 and 26 at Mana Convention Center in Wynwood, is being postponed. A new date hasn’t been selected. If you purchased passes, you can get a full refund or a special voucher to the next possible RetroPop convention. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the retropopcon website.
▪ Doral Food & Wine Festival has been postponed until further notice. It was originally scheduled for March 21-22.
▪ eMerge Americas 2020 conference, scheduled for March 30-31 at the Miami Beach Convention Center, has been moved to Nov. 4-5.
Miami Herald staff writers Aaron Leibowitz and C. Isaiah Smalls II contributed to this report.